Menopause literally means ‘the ceasing of menstruation’.
But, before you reach the menopause, you have to go through the peri-menopause and this lasts until you’ve had no period for 12 months. And then there’s also the post-menopause. Confused yet?
Peri-menopause is the gradual change leading up to menopause.
Menopause is the point where a woman no longer has her menstrual periods and is only diagnosed when a woman hasn’t have a period for 12 months.
Post-menopause is the period after a woman has not have her period for 12 months.
I invite you all to share your menopausal stories for this meme: The Menopause Diaries. Share your experiences, the difficulties you run into, the funny side of menopause. And, this is not a meme exclusive to women. If there are men out there who have sexual partners who suffer from symptoms of (peri)menopause, we would love to hear your stories too.
Here are some rules for this meme:
- The meme will work with a monthly prompt, but the prompt is not compulsory.
- The link tool will open on the first day of the month, and close on the last. A countdown in the sidebar will show you how much time you still have to link your post.
- Your post can be personal thoughts, experiences or fiction, as long as it deals with the subject of menopause.
- Older posts are welcome.
- You can link up to two posts per site, and one of them can be a guest post.
- Your post has to show the meme badge somewhere in the post, and the badge should link back to this website. You can copy the code below, and paste this in a ‘custom html’ block in your own post.
If you don’t know how to add a badge, please read this post.
- If you have a social media account, please share your post using the hashtag #MenopauseDiaries
- If you don’t have your own blog, we can host your post for you. Please submit your post using our writing service.